Most business owners know the importance of keeping their retail and customer-facing offices attractive and updated. But what about your industrial or warehouse space? This vast and busy area can easily be overlooked when it comes to irregular maintenance tasks like painting and cleaning. But your business benefits from keeping up on both jobs. How? Here are five key ways.
1. Employee Morale Is Boosted. No one wants to work every day in a dingy and unkempt work environment. Old, dirty, chipped walls may make employees feel that they aren't important to the business. They may not be proud of the company and their own part in it. Since a company pays more to find new employees than to keep the ones they have, you do well to foster high morale.
2. Employees Care More. When a building is run down and not properly cared for, employees and others on the site are less likely to care about keeping it up themselves. They are more likely to abuse the property, fail to report problems, and not take precautions to protect your real estate investment. But when the company takes the time to provide a clean and fresh environment, employees generally respond in kind.
3. Your Operation Is Efficient. A clean and organized environment makes work easier to do. Workers can find what they need faster. Equipment is protected by being in the right place. Movement through the warehouse is more efficient. And you can use colorful wall and floor paint schemes to identify pathways, specific work locations, fire exits, safety hazards, and more.
4. The Building Is Protected. You undoubtedly made a large investment in the warehouse as a real estate asset. Are you maintaining it so as to protect its value? Have you removed any aging lead paint? Are walls protected with a durable coating? Or are they exposed to the elements through chipped, peeling, or missing paint?
5. Your Brand Is Built Up. Branding is the company's way to create an identity. That identity goes beyond a simple logo, though. It should also entail the color schemes throughout the business, font usage, motto and mission statements, company goals, and employee culture. Does your warehouse promote your brand's identity? If not, this is the time to visually harmonize it with the rest of the company.
While a paint job and spring cleaning may not seem like an important goal, these and other upkeep tasks add great value to the warehouse. It becomes a better place to work and protects your company financially in several ways. Start today by meeting with professional commercial painting companies like Decorators Service Co., Inc.